Jo Donna hit a homerun at dinner last night with this veggie medley dish.
NOTE: this does contain some oil, but not much. If you wish, you can substitute water or vegetable broth for the oil (EVOO)
Here’s how …
* Dice 1 medium yellow (sweet) onion
* And slice 4 large button mushrooms
— saute these in about 2 tsps of water until the onion starts to caramelize and the mushrooms begin to darken;
* add in 3 peeled and very thinly sliced medium red potatoes – stir together
* mix in about 1 1/2 cups of frozen (or fresh if you have them) sliced yellow and zuc squashes
— add tiny amounts of water as necessary to keep the veggies from sticking
* season with 2 tsps of EVOO, salt, pepper, and gomasio
* toss until everything is crispy done
* sprinkle with 1/2 – 1 cup of either shredded soy mozzarella cheese or organic creme cheese
Jo brought this to the table where I was crowing about how wonderful my vegan Spinach pizza was … I wound up jealous of her medley over my pizza! Whatta girl!!