With Spring here and Summer a-coming up, let’s bring in some goodies from the garden (you do have a garden, don’t you? At least a container garden?) and make some good, healthy fresh meals. This one just cries, “good for you!”
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
6 cups zucchini, sliced
6 cups yellow summer squash, sliced
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
1 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce
coarsely ground black pepper
1 – 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup soy cheese (mozzarella)
* Spray a large casserole dish with EVOO and set aside.
* Place the zucchini, summer squash, garlic, parsley, and soy sauce, and toss gently to combine. * Season to taste with salt and pepper.
* Transfer this mixture to the prepared casserole dish and
bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
* Remove the casserole dish from the oven, pour the diced tomatoes over the top, and stir gently to combine.
* Return the casserole dish to the oven and bake an additional 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
* Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle the cheese over the top.