This one comes from a dear family at our church. They brought this to a recent pot luck and the others had to fight me off it! Well, almost. It is great!
- 2 medium-large eggplants
- 2 medium or 1 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 c. prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 c. grated mozzarella (or soy cheese substitute)
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan ( ” )
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 13×9 casserole dish.
- Peel and slice the eggplants into 1/2-in. slices.
- In a saucepan, boil the eggplant slices in a small amount of salted water for 10 min.
- Layer the eggplant, onions, sauce, and mozzarella in greased dish.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with Parmesan.
- Bake for 45 min.
Yield: 8-10 servings
*Zucchini may be substituted for eggplant. Do not peel, but slice and boil it the same way.