You know, with all it’s fluff and silliness, music from the 1980s had some real grit to it! Just look at the examples below of songs that still have some bite to them today. These were songs we grew up on (or our kids did!) and, looking back, I can still find some good lessons in them. Enjoy:
* Falling in love= “Flashdance…What A Feeling,” Irene Cara • married love= “It’s My Life,” Talk Talk
* Stepfamily love = “The Second Time Around“-Shalamar & “With You I’m Born Again“-Billy Preston
* Are you hurting?• “Love On The Rocks“-Neil D;
* Time for marriage mediation: when you are “All Out Of Love”-Air Supply & “Upside Down”-Diana Ross
* Before “Another One Bites The Dust”-Queen – try family mediation
* It’s never too late: “Working My Way Back To You/Forgive Me, Girl” – Spinners • Don’t give up on your love!
* Divorce:no; Mediate:YES! “We Don’t Talk Anymore”-Cliff Richard “Please Don’t Go”-KC & Sunshine Band
* Mediation for married couples = “Escape (The Pina Colada Song)“- Rupert Holmes • look for love at home!
* Ah reconciliation is beautiful! “Do That To Me One More Time” – Captain & Tennille
* “Never Gonna Give You Up,” by Rick Astley – words to live by for man & wife 4 life!
* Successful marriages … “Makin’ love out of nothin’ at all.“
* with “Don’t Worry, Be Happy,” B McFerrin quoted Jesus’ sermon on the mount, & offered solid advice for families
So, if you’re having rough times in your relationship, “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” – I can help! http://www.FamilyMediator.org